Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Techie Tuesday - Screencast-o-matic

My latest tech tip is that I've recently started filming tutorials for my projects. My 3rd graders are starting Excel so I'll introduce the vocabulary words and point out a few things over the next week as they explore it. Then the following class, we'll work on creating our multiplication table by following along with my tutorial that I filmed using the free website www.screencastomatic.com.

I'm most excited about this new tool because when I teach the same thing 5 or 6 times over a week or more I sometimes leave out details like remembering to change the page breaks before printing or I might forget to discuss why we're doing this process.

Also, I think this will be an exciting tool as students are beginning to be interested in trying certain things at home or showing parents how they did something. This might be the beginning to a flipped classroom model.

Be sure to check out Screencast-o-matic. I thought it was easy to use, didn't require a download, or account.

Next time, I plan to create a title slide in Power Point so that the first screenshots look uniform and organized when I begin posting them on my class website.


No comments:

Post a Comment